Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"MJ's Praying Hands" and Malibu morning pic of the day - Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Happy Tuesday to you, it's clear and gonna be another hot one today! (100s yesterday)





















No second look today. It's all the same, so how about a trip into:

THE OUT OF BOUNDS GALLERY (works of street art outside of East Hollywood)

Here are two pieces that go together (they are side by side along with other works) but I didn't realize how much of a pair they are until I did a little online searching. I'm always delighted when I find out the identity of a street artist (like Annie Preece and Sebastien Walker last week) and can post their names and URLs. These pieces are by artist Erik T. Burke whose other work can be found on his website.http://eriktburke.com


Artist, Erik T. Burke, King of Pop #1 (2013), paint on brick.




































Artist, Erik T. Burke, King of Pop #2 (2013), paint on brick.
There's no doubt the whoever commissioned the work (it's on the side of a production studio in South Hollywood) on Orange south of Santa Monica, is definitely a Michael Jackson fan. Apologies for the shadow cast, but just had to get these as I was driving one day. The hands are blown up from MJ's archangel image seen below.

If you're not a terribly big fan of of MJ and you are wondering about those words on the 2nd pic, they are lyrics from his recording of "Gone Too Soon." He was not the first singer to record, just as he was not the first artist or person to whom it has been sung about. Read about the song in Wikipedia.

“Gone Too Soon”

Like a comet
Blazing 'cross the evening sky
Gone too soon

Like a rainbow
Fading in the twinkling of an eye
Gone too soon

Shiny and sparkly
And splendidly bright
Here one day
Gone one night
Like the loss of sunlight
On a cloudy afternoon
Gone too soon



Like a castle
Built upon a sandy beach
Gone too soon

Like a perfect flower
That is just beyond your reach
Gone too soon

Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight
Here one day
Gone one night
Like a sunset
Dying with the rising of the moon
Gone too soon

Gone too soon

Michael Jackson was my near-exact contemporary, born the day before me in 1958, so I used to feel some closeness to him, gauging my life against his (I was always less famous, less wealthy, less talented, and less weird in comparison). Madonna and Kevin Spacey are also my age cohorts, but not quite so close. I'm sure you have your celebs that are your measuring stick.

Now that I think of it, I should have put these up on either my or his birthday, but I'll reprise them next year if this blog is still going.

Anyway, nice of you to "Pop" in and visit His Majesty. Now get back to work.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!