Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

If you liked Monday, you'll sort of like today ...





















Clear sky, some clouds starting to bubble in the distance. Today is a slow boil...

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm revisiting a "conglomeration fairy tale" I wrote years ago. One of the characters that you MUST include is some supernatural being who gives your protagonist a magical item. Many times such a creature is a tree sprite.

When you look at 30+ year-old trees, their branches are about the size of human arms and legs, so it's really easy to see where ancient folk equated trees with people, and thus gods.  As I was  thinking about this stuff, I found a tree near my house that has a lot of humanoid contours about it, more than the 4-5 other trees of the same species and age next to it--so this one is kind of special that way. And I will probably always find it a little creepy when I pass by it.

Uh oh, time to pay the rent. See you tomorrow.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!