Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Good morning all,

Hope you had an easy time getting up today. Here's today's picture:






















Cotton candy clouds, lower clouds off in the distance. Some variation from yesterday.

I took this one walking up the hill from the bus stop, mostly to see if I could catch the jet flying by (it's the faint straight line in the middle).

But what I wound up with is this appearance of the tower, trees, and signpost looking as if they're folding in on themselves. A nice goofy look eh? Without using a kooky lens.







You get this kind of misty distant look a lot here. This puts you in the mood of wondering what it's like someplace else. Of course, now that I'm of a certain age, once you get someplace else, it almost always winds up being like where you started.


And sometimes you have your camera pointed down and you happen see something caught in the frame; and today I saw these roots of the tree I stand next to when I take these photos. 

I can't help but notice that as I look at people my age, we've all got arms, legs, and skin that are looking like these varied roots. We're not as round, fleshy, and ill-defined as we once were.

It's easy to see where belief in tree spirits, dryads, came from. There's a story in the back of my mind that I'm working on, on and off, which involves a young man who becomes entangled in a relationship with a dryad. The protagonist will be loosely based on my great-grandfather who came here as a boy in the 19th century from Guangdong Province to work on the railroads and in the gold fields of California. My recent trip down Hwy 49 reminded me of this project.

That's all for today.

Love,
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!