Monday, June 30, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, June 30, 2014

Good morning friends, family, and gentle readers,

Here's your Monday picture.






















Low clouds, but not low enough to obscure the horizon. Water today is a dark grey. To the right is the view over land. It'll probably very warm again today.

I snagged a helicopter in the top picture. I got again in another picture. See? I even got the relection in our Alumni Park Lake.



Monday morning, shot before auto-adjust


Friday night

Some other also-rans. If you snap a picture too soon on my picture before it does its automatic adjustments, you get exposures like this blue-ish shot. Looks like an early evening doesn't it? Compare to an actual early evening I caught as I left campus late last Friday. If you blow up the Friday night picture, I snagged a flying bug to the left of the lamp. Judging from the silhouette, it's a beetle of some sort.

All right, one half your 2014 calendar wraps up today. What have you gotten done so far on your January to-do list? I hope you've knocked off at least one thing. The good news is you've got six months to go. The bad news is that it the speed of time's passage picks up right after the 4th of July, so I advise you get on top of things ASAP. (Enough the fatherly role.)

I had to go visit a family member in the hospital yesterday. I decided to test one of the Asian American stereotypes and tallied up all of the Filipinos on staff that I encountered. Next time you go to such a place, see if you can beat my score: out of 10 employees, 50% Filipino. Since the stereotype statement would be something like: "EVERYBODY at the hospital was an 'effin' Filipino!" I'd say we're well under the stereotype--and to my distant pinoy cousins, congrats on picking the right job sector to find employment in the Obama jobless recovery.  Well done.

Have a great Monday,

Love,
Pops






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!