Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Tuesday to you all. Here's your picture for today.

























From my point on school's promontory, you are looking straight into clouds. Basically a white-grey mist.

The also-ran picture of the day doesn't show much else . . . weather is cool.










Typical festival attendees, young, many overweight,
in breezy summer attire.


Sorry, no Monday picture. I was flat on my back with terrible back pain. Didn't feel normal enough to get upright until about 6:30 in the evening. I was working a volunteer booth over the weekend selling beverage tickets at local cultural arts festival. Terribly hard on all the joints, not just the back. I'm done with that kind of philanthropy. I'll just write checks in the future. Most of the Jacksons ($20 bills) I took from females were quite damp as it seemed de rigeur to keep their cash in their tops, safely ensconced next to their breasts.

The second day I was working the counter near main stage, so we got to hear the headline acts, but that was all you could hear. You had to yell at the customers to be heard. The main Sunday afternoon act was an eighties group called the Bangles. You still hear their music now and then.

Judging from the IDs I was checking before banding people to be able buy drinks, practically everybody there had not been born when the Bangles were hot. The picture of the people above (backs to me)  are the typical age range, teenage to 20-something. Probably the first thing you will notice about this young man to the left is that he was wearing a cross. I truly appreciate the show of religiosity in our youth these days.

I hoped to get some pictures of people in the more interesting costumes, but really didn't have a chance since it was nonstop selling of tickets from the moment I was set into the booth. By the time I got off duty, it was too dark for my camera to operate as this shows--it does give you a sense though. But there was much dancing. Things haven't changed much at dances since I was a lad, as I noticed many girls had to dance with girls. The boys seemed unwilling, hanging about with themselves as it were. Speaking of the boys, there were some fellows with perfectly coiffed chest hair, each shaft groomed to a uniform 3/8ths of an inch, and then carefully combed into patterns. True diligence given to appearance! Wish I could have taken someone's picture, it was quite handsome.

Hope you all had as interesting a weekend, without the subsequent pain.

Walk like an Egyptian,
Pops






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!