Friday, June 27, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - June 27, 2014

It's Friday good people! I'm sure those of you who do not work on weekends are quite happy.
Here's the Friday picture.



OK, the jury is in--it's been a grey week. Nary a streak of blue all week; dial back through.

Here're a couple of views facing farther to the west.


I hope you have plans for a pleasant weekend. I will attend one day of a writers conference tomorrow. It will be the first time I've looked into such a thing. I'm hoping it's more than them just collecting checks, potentially the literary world's version of acting workshops--schemes for parasitically sucking juice out of the hopes and dreams of others ... but I digress. Am I cynical? Sometimes I wonder if I've done too many tax returns for struggling artists who come the Southern California in search of creative gold.

 Luckily, we novelists and essayists mostly invest our time and bandwidth in telling a story. We don't have to pour life savings and home equity into thousands or millions of dollars of film and video production.

These shoes were made for
cyclin'.
Hey, my name came up on the wait list for a bicycle locker at the Culver City train station which will make it easier for me to convert part of my daily commute to and from Malibu into exercise. When you see the chubby, old Chinese guy in red pants (for visibility) and pork pie hat huffing along Venice Blvd.'s bike lane on a Metro folding bike during rush hours, give me a shout out of encouragement.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!