Thursday, September 10, 2015

iT'S STreeT arT THurSDay! with Malibu picture of the day - Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dear Street Art Lovers, Family, Friends, Romans, Countrymen,

It's official! We are now in double-digit September (the 10th) and still in triple-digit weather (100+). But I digress before I even start. Here's an oddball bit of esoterica today that someone painted on their garage door in Silverlake-Los Feliz:


Artist unattributed, Keena Milt, The Star-Headed Guardian of the Silverlake Waste Cans with Pencil Overlay #1,
paint on metal roll-up garage door.

























Rather than analyze it, I'll just restate the working title I gave it: Keena Milt, The Star-Headed Guardian of the Silverlake Waste Cans with Pencil Overlay #1

This is a private residence, so this is obviously a personal expression of the homeowner or long-term tenant. This has just gotta be by someone who studied art formally. I could be wrong (and frequently am) but the use of a simulated wash overlay (the yellow pencil) over the head, obscuring the face, is intentional, creating a subtle tension between the viewer and the work. We really want to work our eyes hard to see this more clearly.

After I shot this, I thought the interplay between the door AND the trash cans was perfect too. I almost expect them to be animate robot servants of the fellow behind, especially as Blue and Green seem to be relating to each other, whereas Black stands aloof. So, anyone can take a picture that winds up looking pretty good if you just snap off hundreds or thousands.

Those of you who dig brash in-yer-face paint jobs will have to dig deep to like this one, but I like it.


AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SEASCAPE:
























A sky of Cerulean Blue peeking through a lacework of high clouds! A nice one today. And here's the view to the left.

All right! That's I'll I can provide you today. Hope that's enough color to do you for now.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!