Monday, September 28, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, September 28, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

A happy Monday to you. As September draws to a close, we are getting morning moisture. Here's some clouds for you.






















A lot of light blue this morning. And for your second look, some deer on the front lawn, eating the grass.

Yeah, they look like ants here, but what's unusual is for them to be out in the open like that. They always avoid presenting their silhouettes cuz that means trouble... (remember Bambi?).

Well, well, well, if these pastel Monday morning scenes are just a little too cheerful for you in your current mood, fear not. Since the light was diffuse on my way in, I decided to stop and get a snapshot of this moody little beauty on my way into work.

Artist unattributed, Abstraction 8133981600, paint on wood panel.

'int she great Ladies and Gentlemen? Let's give her big hand...

I have no idea what this is. The leaves are overhanging foliage and not part of the painting, but as such are a totality of the experience, as is the ever-present upper shadow of this tree of which the branches are part. I'm sure the artist took that into consideration in creating this rather thoughtfully ominous piece. It makes me think of a single-cell organism with all kinds of inner doo-dads going on inside.

You will find this with a host of other images in a parking lot across the street from Fairfax High School on Melrose. This falls outside of my East Hollywood specialty, so these will be presented as adjuncts in my "Out of Bounds" series. Stay tuned for more as time goes on. They'll go up whenever I feel like it...

If you want to see every piece of art I ever post, follow me on Twitter @vway3. I push everything there.


Image result for inside out movie
Hey. I finally went to see Disney/Pixar's Inside Out this weekend (mostly to escape the heat of the afternoon--seemed like as good an excuse as any). Actually my fellow bassoonist in the wind ensemble is a marketing exec at Disney and he highly recommended it months ago.

It's a hella weird film. And God! Is it a tear-jerker (at least if you're a parent I think); afterward I felt like I had gone through a combination psych-training industrial film and a breakthrough-catharsis therapy session. Talk about drained. It's at the end of the run at this point (that's when I usually go to films in deserted halls) but there were still about 30 people in the seats on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure how this one ever got the green light in concept stage, but I'm glad it got made. Check it out when you get a chance.

Thats' it for today.

Love,
Pops





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!