Monday, September 21, 2015

Malibu afternoon picture of the day and "Dog, Boy & Cat" - Monday, September 21, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

No morning pic, but an afternoon pic follows later on. Had to mess with getting both my cars to repair shops this morning. One vehicle did get fixed early, so after got underway, I found this painting on a utility box. Had I not be so inconvenienced I probably would not have found this work.

Artist unattributed, Unconditional 3-Way Love, paint on sheet metal.

























If you are a pet owner, I think you will probably love the sentiment in this piece, I sure do. I love how the dog is in the role of comforter here. The utility box is on Franklin Avenue near Cheremoya Ave. Elementary School.

Anyway, here is the afternoon picture of the day:
























Lots of overhead clouds, giving everything a bright-white ethereal look at the coast. It remains hot in L.A.

And here's your second look, again with flags a-flying. I read a commentary by a pundit hoping that what he calls "the 9/11 ritual" will end sometime soon.

I do know what he's talking about. But it won't end anytime soon I think. I wonder how long it has to be before a significant portion of the public who was not conscious for an event overcomes those who do remember. Veterans Day is such a holiday of remembrance of societal tragedy, namely World War I. There probably no one alive today who remembers that war, and the remembrance has been generalized to fallen military members. The future of 9/11 may lie in a recognition of all those noncombatants who will continue to be killed by terrorists. I guess we'll see.

In any case, thanks for those of you have bothered to look in on my doings today. I don't really expect hits, but it's hard to miss with a dog and cat on the Internet.

Love,
Pops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!