Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day and "The Champ" - Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

We've got another blue on blue day in the Bu today (see way below) so I think I'll lead off instead with a punch.

Artist unattributed, The Champ, paint on concrete.

























This is not in East Hollywood, so it falls into our "Out of Bounds Gallery." You'll find this tribute in the heart of "post-production" Hollywood, the numerous little tech shops south of Fountain and north of Beverly between Gower and La Cienega that do things with motion pictures after the camerapeople have taken all the pictures that they're going to. Here we have portrait based on an extremely youthful Muhammad Ali, maybe even Cassius Clay, in a bare-fisted stance. Better duck.

And here is our picture of the day. A lovely set of blues as usual. Sorry I missed you all yesterday, I was being help captive in house arrest by my auto transmission shop who said I'd be ready by noon. They lied of course, but who really expects mechanics' estimates to be correct anyway?

Anyway, gotta run since I'm a day behind.

Love,
Pops







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!