Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

It's cloudy and drizzly on the coast today. And very warm. In the mid 70s. Very definitely the remnants of a tropical storm.























A cloudy, wet, warm day looks exactly like a cloudy, wet, COLD day. If you're an Angeleno, I hope you survived your commute to work this morning. I almost never choose to drive on the first day of rain after it's been dry for more than 60 days. The roads are very slick and dangerous on those days. That suspicion was confirmed listening to the traffic report--jack-knifed trucks all over, spin outs, etc. You notice your brakes don't work the way they're supposed to either--that always gets your attention.

Image result for rain gauges
I left out glass in the backyard when I was grilling this weekend, kind of like the rain gauges they use (basically a skinny cup). There was already 3 inches fallen in just a few hours when I was walking to my car. Maybe this is what the predicted el nino event has in store for us.


Anyway, nothing worth a second look today. Check-in ends here, gotta pay the rent people.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!