Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Tuesday is here and so is your picture:

Serial # JG15-06 (9)

It was sprinkling rain this morning, but not much. Only enough to get the ground wet and cause auto accidents. Also, standing out on the point where I take this photo, the air was quite warm (felt above 70 F) and humid. Palos Verdes Peninsula is barely visible in the middle.

No second look. It's all the same, but we DO have a horizon today unlike yesterday.

As I do when we're face with so much grey, I'm going to feed out to you a little bit of local "color" that I found last week on Pico.

Artist: unattributed, Detail, Celebrities in Aviators, paint on stucco.

It's not really "color." This is a part of a monochromatic mural just a few steps away from Trust Your Struggle displayed last Friday. I'll feed these out to you as the grey continue. Let's see if you agree with me on who these are and how good a job the muralist did. I say these are supposed to be W. C. Fields and Alfred Hitchcock. Fields could be others (I'm thinking James Cagney or Rod Steiger), but proximity to Hitchcock pushes me that way. What do you think? Two more tomorrow.

Have a lovely Tuesday.

Love,
Pops








No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!