Monday, June 22, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, June 22, 2015

Hello all, and happy 2nd day of summer to you!
















Over the ocean there's just little haze today. If you've been missing the morning blue, it's back today.

Here's a second look with mist over the land.

Hope you had a nice Father's Day-Summer Solstice. The days only get shorter (and hotter) from here.

This year was my first father's day without my Dadd.

It's an odd feeling now, knowing that I am the living end of the line for some--that the accessible living memory for my grandchildren only really reaches back to  1960 through this branch.


Dadd was not one to share stories of his life or observations on the foibles of his own or those around him; you had to pull that material out of him like teeth (probably a bad analogy since he lost most of his teeth toward the end...).

Here the last picture of me with him alive, taken on Valentine's Day. He never fully woke up during that visit. He was asleep most of his last weeks. I'm sure he'd be pissed that I'm sharing such an unflattering pic, but it's notable because it's the last. Not to worry. I'm sure my kids will get his revenge on me and put out an equally unflattering pic of me in my dotage.

Man, we both need a shave. I certainly inherited his middle-aged jowly-ness. Can't say I never got nothin' from him, eh?

Hey, if your Dad is still around, see if you can get him to tell you a story you haven't heard before, and then write it down if he does. Have a wonderful Monday, and a rest of the week.

Love,
Pops











No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!