Monday, September 8, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, September 8, 2014

Dear family, friends, and gentle readers,

Another Monday, another fresh start to the work week. Here's the picture to kick it off...


























It's a "searchlight" morning today at the coast. Much cloudiness and humidity as the remainder of Hurricane Norbert passes over Southern California.

The secondary view. It'll be a peek-a-boo sun for a bit.












As contrast, as I sat down to a dinner of tofu and greens last night, here's what the sky to west in Hollywood looked like for a few minutes.

It reminded me of the words from a Rodgers & Hammerstein song I heard at church recently, "At the end of the storm is a golden sky..." There are no larks in the part of the U.S. to sing sweet silver songs, who would finish off the line though. Pity. This is the kind of California sky I imagine myself seeing as some Chinese prospector over 160 years ago, likewise eating a meal of rice and greens before bedding down for the night.

If I ever get the time, that's one of my next stories to write and probably draw as a comic book--a Chinese teenage boy from Guangdong sent to California to work as a dynamite setter in the cliffs of the Sierras to build out the train route. Of course, he gets other ideas once he gets here, being something of a trickster, and off he goes to wreak havoc in the wild west.Don't you want to hear about that kid? I do!

Time to get onto the work in our respective "mines" eh? Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Pops











No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!