Friday, September 5, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, September 5, 2014

A Happy Friday to you all. We made it through the short week. Here's the coastal scene at 8:30 AM...





























Another moisture-ridden, deep cloudy start, eh? It's really not this somber looking. The camera likes to turn up its "Goth Vibe" dial when there's high contrast in the sky. Per exemplum, check out this alt view with the sun peeking through a thin veil facing toward Orange County.

See what I mean? I will have to monkey with the settings to make things more cheery and normal in these circumstances.

I was running early this morning so I decided to rogue off my non-inflammation diet and take in some gluten and I stopped in at my favorite croissant shop in Santa Monica. It's called Amandine and its on Wilshire right near the border with West L.A. I'm pretty sure it's Japanese-run, but I have not talked to the owner. I discovered them when I used to work at a tax office a few blocks away and went there for lunch. I don't know too many places that do a Croque Madame sandwich. That was my regular.


Their take on the croissant is perfect, Light, airy, buttery, and crispy-flaky. I want to keep them in business, so wheneever you're on the Westside and you have a jones for french pastry, this is your place.

Plus, it gives me an opp to post a picture of something other than clouds. I saw the film Letter to Momo last night. I'd tell you to go see it but it was its last night in L.A. Maybe I'll write a review--we'll see...

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!