Friday, February 12, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, February 12, 2016

It's Friday! And for some of you, you're looking into a long weekend. (Not me, we don't get Presidents Day off, commuting traffic will be nice though, I'm sure).























Today really liked this ultra thin cloud cover on the sun. That "hanging leaf" to the sun's right was really delicate, but you can't really capture it. I really don't know how to take picture with the camera looking straight into the sun, I suppose there are techniques to do it, guess I better take a class.

Here's the more usual shot, with the continuation of that thin cloud over the sea.
John Quincy Adams

Hey, remember to contemplate your favorite president(s) on Monday. I always liked John Quincy Adams, #6. I believe he remains the only guy to hold the office when the popular and electoral college vote system failed to pick a winner; and so the House of Representatives had to choose one out of the top three.

There was only one  political party at the time. With two parties, it would be really hard for that situation to happen right now. Of course, I have this feeling that both the Republicans and the Democrats are about to each split in half because it seems to me that there are just too many viewpoints in American to be contained in the two simplistic buckets that the Reps and Dems are trying to offer. It'll take a while, but I think we'll be a 3- or 4-party country before I die.

Anyway John Q. had to do a tough job that a lot of people did not want him in. It reminds me of me in certain points of my life. And her survived. And thanks to his work as Secretary of State under Monroe, we can go to Miami, Florida, without getting out our passports. Thanks JQ!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Pops






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!