Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Clear and sunny again today...




























You've seen this before. Catalina. Warm Santa Anas are gusting out the canyons this morning. Twill be another 80s February day.

Here's a preview of something I'll show at a later date. When I drive to work I get a passing glimpse of this piece. I decided to stop and take some initial shots. I'll have to wait for a day when there're not so many shadows being cast on it to get a full treatment. There's more to this, but it's quite a different sort of thing which catches my attention.





























What this kind of reminds me of is ... you know that dreamy, idealistic girl in your class at school? She preferred footwear that did not require socks? Her jeans were always kind of worn out? Like to wear a headband now and then? She could smell crunchy at times, but you liked it? Filled her notebook with pithy, optimistic sayings or abstract nouns. Was artistic, but never up to the point where the execution of the craft or artisanship became the focus of her existence? That girl.

Ah, those girls were perfect to me. Wouldn't give me the time of day though--they tended to like slim Byronic, long-haired lads who could grow pencil mustaches, you know, the heroin-addict junkie kind of boy. (Did this "Asian Guy" just "type" a lot of people? Crud, I did! Oh well... I guess we adopt these various uniforms for all kinds of reasons ...)

Anyway, I'll be back to get a better look at these butterflies soaring free. Till then, have a wonderful Wednesday.

Love,
Pops





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!