Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Year of the Monkey with Malibu morning pic - Monday, February 8, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Today is the New Moon, Happy 1st Day of the Lunar Year, Year of the Monkey!
V. Way, Composition study of 6 monkeys, graphite on paper.

Some of you who know me as a 3D personality, not a digital presence, know that in the past I draw and like to produce an artifact (usually a bookmark) to mark Xmas, New Year, or Chinese New Year and give it to friends.

As usual, I'm late. But since this is the start of the year, AND I finally worked out a portion of the composition that has been troubling me for a while. I thought I'd share the sketch from which I will work.

The hardest and longest part of the conception for me is this part. Putting down ink and paint goes pretty fast after this.

Anyway, if you like rough things and eventually see the finished piece (which I will post), I offer this group of six monkeys to cheer you up on your way into the Monkey Year.





























Here's the view in Malibu today. It was a summery day in the mid-80s yesterday with another today. The Santa Ana Winds are a-blowing mighty fierce this morning. And the camera gave me up a visible circle of the Sun today because I got here so early.

Here's to a fine Monday to you all! And a wonderful week.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!