Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Wednesday has come and it's another clear blue day out on the coast this morning.

























I heard on the news this morning that a poll (probably very unscientific) said many Angelenos are thinking the 2016 El Nino event is a dud. We're getting near the halfway point for winter, so we'll see yet. But I sure have been posting a lot of sunny days haven't I?

Here's a personal note for you family readers. This white pickup truck was parked in my usual parking spot on the employer's lot--the nerve! No ... actually it's ... well, now I can't really say it's mine. It belongs to the Credit Union until I pay them over the next few years--they just let me drive it. It's a nice system.

Yeah yeah I know what you're thinking. I junked a nondescript, personality-devoid car (brown Nissan Maxima) for a yet MORE NONDESCRIPT vehicle, a white pickup. She's a work-dog; meant for carrying bulky items that I will require over the next few years as I try to fix and unload an ancient house. As personal transport, it's like another Miata--while it has tremendous cargo capacity, it's basically a 2-seater with very little "hidden" storage space. But I think we're going to get along just fine though.

She's gas-efficient for a pickup but I won't be passing you on the freeway very easily. I'm just grateful for another vehicle at hand that doesn't require me to constantly shift from 1st to 2nd gear for 90 minutes in L.A. traffic. I can actually sip a bottle of water while driving now; you can't do that in a manual Miata. Progress.

Oh, here's a beautiful skull from the Day of the Dead exhibit from last October. I throw it in just because you need some art today. I was talking morbidly yesterday and I was reminding myself death is nothing to be feared, rather it should be celebrated as just another passage.

That's all for today.

Love,
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!