Friday, August 21, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day and "kids playing on the freeway" - Friday, August 21, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

A most happy Friday to you! Hope yr feeling this joyful today ...

Artist unattributed, Jumpers for Joy, paint or fresco? on freeway walls.







I gave you a preview of one of these kids I found playing on the freeway down in San Diego. They were on the north-facing wall of Interstate 8 on upper Hotel Circle Drive where I was attending a tax conference.

As I said earlier, their clothes, especially the shoes, give them away as being from an earlier time. They're obviously rendered from photographic sources, the distinctive lighting captured by snapshot cameras is highly evident. And, I'm going to guess, that the photographer had these kids jump on a trampoline as he captured their weightless quality. These are so playful--such joy and lightness. Probably all 30-somethings now with kids of their own these ages.

Best-Practice committees would not have the balance of Caucasian kids be so majorly represented today (there were even a few more kids on the wall, nearly all the rest of them were white as I recall). So this mural speaks to its time context, as well as speaking of the boundary-less joy of being young and so free of the clutches of gravity.

Oh, and here's the overcast picture for today's Friday morning ...























Hope you have a great weekend. Me? I'm going to have my eyes checked tomorrow morning and have the ol' pupils dilated. I don't know about you, that pretty much leaves me blind for a day so I won't be doing much, so don't ask me to drive you anywhere.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!