Monday, August 24, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, August 24, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Hey, where's the seascape?

Artist unattributed, Woman Focusing, paint on brick.




























If you're straining to see like this woman, just scroll down and you'll find the Malibu picture. It's grey today, so I wanted to lead with this striking image that was on the side of wall facing a parking lot on Spring Street near the Garment District. I was wandering around that area looking for some furniture upholstery material this last Saturday. Found a lot of cool stuff I will share in days to come.

The edge of her face IS the edge of the building. There's a bit of distortion because I'm pointing the camera up. That hand is probably as big as I am. Loving the detail, the rings, the wrinkles, the distinctive shape, and all.






















Grey and cool this morning. I even had the heater on my feet as I drove into work today. This cloud cover is only over the water. Soon as you get half a mile away from the shore it's clear skies. So, it'll be warm today.

I was also in Little Tokyo getting my eyes checked on Saturday. Turns out it was the 2nd weekend of Nisei Week so there were some public events happening after I got out. I decided to wander into a bonsai exhibit. So to counter the parking lot art which will probably only last a few years, here's a different sort of art that will potentially last centuries.
























You certainly don't have to be an expert in this stuff to appreciate how cool these things are and how much care has obviously been given over years to these things.

Well, gotta go and pay the rent. Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!