Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

It's midweek Wednesday. Here's your picture.


















Another day of overcast, low-morning clouds with patches of sun beaming through here and there--I want to call this kind of scenario, "low clouds with patchy 'lightfall.'" The patterns you see on the ocean are not turbulence, but rather the textures that emerge when the sea is very calm.




Artist unattributed, Jumping for Joy detail #1, fresco? or
applied colored concrete on concrete.
As I do on grey days sometimes, here's some "out of boundaries" street art. On the freeway wall (I-8) in the Hotel Circle area in San Diego, there are some mural depictions of youngsters at play. I'll throw some more up on Friday.

This mural was probably executed quite a long time ago, for reasons that will be clear when you see the rest. Mostly though, the clothes that this boy has on look like things I dressed my son in (he's now in this 30s). I don't think boys that age wear watches anymore--they all have smartphones.

Alas, if there was a maker's mark somewhere, it's probably been painted or stuccoed over.

May you find such joy and energy today.

Love,
Pops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!