Monday, August 17, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, August 17, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,


Artist unattributed, Blue Beauty, paint on trash can.
It's been a week since I've been here.

While I was down San Diego way last week, I was not expecting to see street art or public art in a community such as La Jolla, but I found this blue-faced girl slumming on the side of trash can just wanting to have her picture taken. And so, I obliged.

I don't know about you, La Jolla is one of those neighborhoods that make me feel like I'm not good enough to be there--that if I hang around too long the cops will stop me politely and ask if I need their assistance to be taken to city limits.

There is a pretty good used book store in town called D.G. Wills, so if you make it that way through town, all you bibliophiles, check it out, spend some money and keep the guy in business. Kinda highbrow, so if you're looking for Barbara Cartland stuff, you might be disappointed.

A leafy sea dragon resident at Birch, apologies
for the blur...
I was away to collect CPE credits for my tax license, but dropped by the UCSD's Birch Aquarium on the way down. It's a much smaller affair than the various aquaria exhibits you'll find at the much glitzier Sea World ($17 for an adult), but you'll get through it in 2 hours and avoid any guilt you might harbor at enjoying the antics of trained, captive (enslaved if you're a critic) orcas.


Doesn't this make you hungry for a
peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich?
Actually that sounds like a pretty good Saturday date out with your literary-minded girlfriend if you're so inclined: college aquarium, used bookstore, followed up by a fine-dining lunch, and then browsing and laughing at high-end consumer goods in the various boutiques.

Oh, here's your Malibu picture of the day. I put the blue girl up top so I could lead with a pretty female--that's what they teach you in advertising school.























We've been having a heat wave in L.A. the last several days, staying in the 100s. It's supposed to break today. We'll see.

Anyway, it's back to the textual grind. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love,
Pops





No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!