Monday, March 23, 2015

No Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, March 23, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Oops. I do not have my usual snapshot for you because I left my phone in my tux jacket last night (played a concert). Oh well, this is bound to happen. But here's a piece of street art for you to see instead.

Artist: Sebastien Walker, Dinosaur Cowboy, paint on stucco.

























This one would probably not make it onto my Thursday showcase--it's not quite complete enough a work in itself; it has the feel of a component or a workout. But it's nevertheless well executed, fanciful, and definitely depicts a point of view. I definitely like the cast shadow on the wall--it gives the mounted figure and steed a sense of placement that pops them off the wall.

I liked this picture for today because he gets my emotion of being angry at myself for forgetting something important.

I have not seen this artist's work anywhere else around East Holly. He's evidently a person who put his real name (at least it sounds real) on his work.

Hope your Monday is starting off better than mine.

Love,
Pops

PS  If you're wondering where this mural is, it's in Hel-Mel; turn south on Edgemont off Melrose and there will be an alley on the west side. You will find this with some an accompany bit of graffiti-style decorated word art.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!