Friday, March 13, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, March 13, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Thank God it's Friday, and that we made it through another workweek.





















I got to work today right before sunrise. When the air is clear and the water still like today, you can get the feeling you are surrounded by hills, because the predominant thing you see is the profiles of Saddleback Mountain, the Palos Verdes Peninsula hills, and Catalina Island surrounding you as you spin about from east to west.





I hope you all have good plans for the weekend. If you're a fan of choral music I commend a concert either on Saturday evening at 7 or on Sunday afternoon at 2 of the Metropolitan Master Chorale, who will be singing at the West Hollywood Library. I know the director and I know it will be excellent. (If you want to go really cheap, ask for the discount code in the comment section and I'll share it.)

Taking a further cue from yesterday's parting, I will leave you with a parting insult from Troilus and Cressida: 

"Thou hast no more brain in thy skull, than I have in mine elbows!" 

I really needed that curse when someone cut me off driving to work this morning. Also it seems appropriate for Friday the 13th.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!