Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, April 7, 2014

Hello Wednesday!

Supposed to be 74 today, warmer than yesterday. The sky is empty today.





















I just noticed on upload that I caught an insect in flight--cool. Thanks for showing up little guy!


May 6 — Amy Tan in conversation with Lisa SeeWent to a lecture/conversation event featuring author Amy Tan last night in Santa Monica. I hadn't thought about it, but if that audience reflects the demographics of her readership, it would seem to break out to about 75% middle-age females, 15% young women of color, 5% young, gay Asian men, and the rest being spare parts like me, but mostly older white guys in tow with their lady.



And here I thought she was just a generically good, all-around writer. I need to have my marketing professional license revoked for not predicting the audience accurately. Her books are required reading in some high school literature courses these days--that's quite an achievement. She WAS selling her book, but it was a good writer's talk. More on this later perhaps.

Gotta pay the rent. See you tomorrow.

Love,
Pops









No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!