Friday, January 29, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, January 29, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

We've come to the end of another week, and we close out with a blue-on-blue kind of day, but with some morning surface haziness.

























It's been pleasant Southern California winter days, dry and ranging in the 70s. Still waiting for El Nino Storm #4 to show up someday ... I suppose once it gets going, we'll be in the "Pineapple Express" season, or at least that's what everyone is predicting.

In the meantime, we'll just have to put up with skies that look like this for a little while longer.

I was out much of the daylight hours junking my trusty 1995 Nissan Maxima yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to push Thursday's art out to you. Some of you did bother to look regardless. Thanks for checking in.

When I get rid of a car it's pretty darn inoperable, but this one was an exception. I probably could have squeezed several thousand more miles out of her if I were willing to pay over an estimated $1K for needed repairs to get her to run on all 6 cylinders (only 5 were firing) but you could get her to the grocery store and back.

But she left oil wherever she was parked and smoke would rise from the hood at stop lights, so I figured it was time at the ripe old age of 243,000, about half of which I put on her. The Great State of California gave me $1K to get her off the road and so I took "Frieda" to an approved "organ donation" site out in Sun Valley. I gave them the keys but there it's not really a necessity; they move cars about via forklift.

We were never really a great fit together. It's funny how you always feel like a stranger in some cars. They're just NOT an extension of you. But we made it work. She never let me down or left me stranded and I took care of all mechanical ills before they got bad. That's the secret, really.

As a parting shot, let me share some sunsets shots taken a couple days ago. When I left work Wednesday night, the sky was especially vermilion and it made the water a peculiar shade of warm grey-blue. I just had to snap off pictures. These do NOT get that unique blue color of the water right, but they hint at it.









































































And with that, have yourself a nice Friday and a great weekend.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!