Friday, January 22, 2016

"Expressionist Haircuts" and Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, January 22, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

It's Friday, and while it's not quite "Red Sky at Morning," we do have atmospheric bending of light toward the red zone.





















The shadow thick cloud overhead gives us this ominous appearance, it's not really. It's just the backlighting effect, the bane of photographers.

And here's your second look, which does give us a bit more blue. Let's go full column for contrast shall we?




















Several months ago while I was taking a picture of a mural of a bicyclist parting the Red Sea (I kid you not, I'm debating whether it's worth posting ... we'll see) right across the street was a haircut joint with rather stained-glass, Georges Roualt inspired decoration on the facade.

It kind of falls in the boundaries of street art, but to me, in a way not, just because of the intention that I feel from it. It's fuzzy, you know. But I think it's pretty and self-conscious enough for me to share here.

Artist Pose Abdo, Abstraction, 2014, paint on beauty salon.

































And here's the maker's mark.

It didn't make me want to go in and get a haircut (a pointless exercise in my case since I'm bald as a billiard ball) but it does make you pause just for a time.

Gotta duck out for a job interview in a bit so I must leave you now, but have a great weekend, would ya?

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!