Thursday, January 28, 2016

iT'S STreeTarT THurSDay iN eaST HoLLyWooD! - Thursday, January 27, 2016

Why hello there Street Art Lovers,

There is a M-A-S-S-I-V-E mural that you encounter when you take the Glendale Freeway to its southern end, and it dumps you out onto Glendale Ave. It's monochromatic, sort of, in two colors if that makes sense. And I think it's an homage to early film making in Los Angeles. It feels cinematic. Good thing it's huge because I don't think you'd see it otherwise tearing down the street at 60 MPH.

Artist unattributed, Scenes from the Movie Capital, paint on warehouse.























I think this one is worth savoring in its pieces, so I'm going to dole out half this week and half next.

extreme left detail


just the right a bit ...
























a little more to the right ...

























and just a bit more ... ah! Our Hero and Leading Lady?






















I'll betcha if I were a film buff, I could ID all of these visual quotes. It's like a collage of B&W still photos. They sure caught my eye.

This going up early and may not get a seascape attached because I will be taking my old car to the boneyard for old vehicles. The State of California is paying me $1,000 to get her off the road. It would cost me that much to get her next ailments fixed (bad fuel injectors and brakes), so it's time to part company. She's also incontinent (leaks lots of oil) and smokes.

But she served me well, Fair Frieda the 95 Maxima--little machine angels sing thee to thy rest. I named her that because the letters on her license plate HYK suggest the Austrian economist Friedrich Hayek. I think of cars as being female, so I always give them girl names--hence Frieda.

So, we're on autoload for 6 AM. Have a great Thursday all of you, and tune in next time for the conclusion of this really big painting.

Love,
Pops



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!