Tuesday, January 5, 2016

"Night Parking Lot Guard" and Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

I was in a dark parking lot last night in East Hollywood when I ran into this guy.

What would you do? Ask to take a picture, of course! He was so obliging and only required my femurs in return.

He told me that in particular, arthritic 50-something, short, fat, bald, Chinese-American males accumulate minerals in their upper leg bones which are a source of great magic power back on his planet, and that if I go back with him, I'll be treated as a god for 90 days before they "release me into the higher plane."

Apparently the arthritis is an energy dam in cases like mine, which is why it hurts. Fascinating stuff! I showed him how well my femurs and arthritic knees could work when laced with adrenaline. But not before I hit the shutter. One must take risks for art. 'sOK though, I tripped a skater boy who he got instead (orange skull). I'll leave this uncredited for the time being. There were other things on the wall that I will go back and get in the daylight. But consider yourself "previewed."

Oh, it's rainy today in L.A. Everybody forgot how to drive in rain, so it took nearly two hours to get to work. I had to retire my trusty old Maxima so I'm having to drive the Miata all the time. Moving a car 1/3 to 1/4 the weight of most vehicles I've driven, all over slick roads is VERY exciting. Nearly every turn becomes a skid. I need to go to "drifting" school.

Stay safe out there people.

Love,
Pops

-----

The 31-Day Paleo Journal
1/4
Weight: 235 clothed
Evening blood pressure: borderline
B-scrambled eggs and avocado
Snack1-cashews
L-tuna and beets
Snack2-beef jerky and blackberries
D-chicken leg and raw red pepper
Drink-green tea

Rising: easy at 4:30 AM
General alertness: moderate
Fatigue: none during day; moderate in evening
Sinus congestion: moderately stuffy
Descending stairs: wary
General joint pain: minimal
Body temp: generally OK; in evening felt cold in a 69 ambient house

Notes:
Short night walk into Los Feliz for errands did not create usual dull roar of leg pain
Descending 200+ steps to the gym scales did not induce great pain


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!