Monday, May 2, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, May 2, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Happy Monday all. Here's the view on the coast.


























Clear, a little hazy for you today. May Grey has not started yet.

Hope you had a nice Saturday. Me? It was just one of those Saturdays when you get up and feel like a walk and then you just happen to come upon a Hanna-Barbera character tribute alley. Ever have one of those days? Don't you wish you lived in East Hollywood? No. Well, fine then.

Artists, various, BIGS, paint on cinder block (2016).














I cut down an alley to which another alley connected and I saw "The Great Gazoo" from the Flintstones series peeking out. Of course I had to investigate further. There is a lot more than this, but we'll save that for another day.

When I was a Flintstones watcher as a kid, I didn't realize it, but now that I think of the Great Gazoo, I'm pretty sure he came from a planet that not only had, but perhaps celebrated "fluid sexuality." If you thinking I think the Great Gazoo is gay, I suppose I'm saying that's the framework a 1960's anachronistic prehistoric sitcom might put on them. Think about it the next time you see TGG on the screen.

Time to pay the rent kiddies.  We'll see you tomorrow.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!