Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Del Amo Street Art Gallery" Part 5 and Malibu morning pic of the day - Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Street Art Lovers,

Today I wrap up all the the offerings of the mural artists whose work adorns the walls of the Del Amo Family Shopping Plaza in Willowbrook. You can look back at any comments I may have made in previous Tuesdays. For your viewing pleasure:

Artist unattributed, Fuschia Elephant Defends Against the Space Aliens, paint on swap meet.




























Artists (3 names, I give up trying to read them), Elephant Alien Battle Rages, paint on swap meet.































Artist unattributed, Mary, Queen of Love, paint on swap meet.





































Artist Deity, Woman of Faith (see the cross?), paint on swap meet.






































Artist Thrashbird, Classical Goddess Mask on Marble, paint on swap meet (2016).





































Artist unattributed, Bleep, paint on swap meet.





































Gotta comment on this one. This looks to be inspired by one of my favorite artists, Francis Bacon (no, not Renaissance founder of scientific method), the weird English painter of the 20th century.  This one is just SO different from the rest, I just imagine the painting crew conversation, "Hey, I brought along my friend from art school Mihaly, mind if he takes a wall?" Why am I such a fan of Francis Bacon? Am I a nihilist? A depressive? A person steeped in despair? Nah. It's just the name. How can anyone not like the art of a guy with the same name as the world's greatest breakfast food?

Artist Ailaone, Mushroom Goddess, paint on handicapped ramp wall.

















Artist Angelonce, Sign Guy on Pay Phone Shells, paint on swap meet.
And that's all they painted ...

Whew! I need a cigarette.

I coulda stretched this out another week, but I'm going on vacation. We'll pick up with more stuff in a couple of weeks.

Until then, hang in there.






















Oh, and in case you wanted to see the ocean and sky for this morning, here you go ...























Clear to the south ...



























Clouds over land ... have a wonderful Tuesday all you all.

Love,
Pops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!