Thursday, March 30, 2017

iT'S STreeTarT THurSDay iN eaST HoLLyWood! w/Malibu Evening Pic of the Day - Thursday, 3/30/2017

Dear Friends and Street Art Lovers,

I got your Best Girl for this week ... ready for her?

Artist Evan Mendel, Yellow Imagination Break-Out on Western, paint on GNC building.
















You cannot miss this dreamy adolescent girl as you traverse up Western Avenue, just off 2nd Street. She apparently lives in a gray, monochromatic underworld, but her mind explodes in brightness and color. So what do you see in those shapes in the torrent of yellow, red, and blue? Be careful of what you say ... probably says more about you than it does about her.

I was back visiting my old parking lot space at the campus of "Malibu Community College." Could not help snapping off a seascape for old time's sake to share:

























I was there to hear a lecture by Niall Ferguson who was guest lecturing on the application of history to our current political state. The primary takeaway for me was beware of false historical analogies that  a man's political enemies would propose. If we were in a true fascist regime (as many seem to believe we are), the two federal judges who struck down those controversial executive orders would be dead now. And if I were the tyrant, I'd make sure their times of death coincided, just to make a point.

I'm glad to see the check-and-balance clockwork that the Founders put together, actually works. In my lifetime I've seen the impeachment mechanism fired up and set in motion, and each time we marveled, "Hey, it works!" So, relax. As long as everybody does their job and follows the script, it'll be OK. Maybe other business doesn't get done, but at least we don't go over the deep end.

Have a wonderful rest of your Thursday people.

Love,
Pops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!