Monday, August 1, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, August 1, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Happy Monday to you. There's a light marine layer over the coast this morning, making the colors very soft in the landscape.



























The sky is almost grey, and the sea is light blue, very unusual today. Here's a view looking toward the canyon over land.

So August starts. This is my birth month. I always sort of looked forward to it as a kid, but since my birthday falls at the end of the month, it was nice to get a cake and receive presents, but it was also the prelude to returning to school (which I didn't like), and so the advent of August was the prelude to the prelude to something I didn't like.

This is the kind of thing that starts to form an ambivalent or conflicted soul, I think. But that's OK. The world needs people who are stuck in the middle of things to moderate others. I was also third among five children in the family. I was in some ways the youngest child of my family's early period (a strict, orderly household), and after my older brother moved out, I was the oldest child of my family's late iteration (a lax, libertarian household). I think you have to be a "middleton child" yourself to understand the dynamic. There's probably a social science doctoral thesis for someone there if you're hunting...

Are you still reading? God help you! Come back and look at pretty pictures the rest of the week cuz the blog will go on hiatus after that as I rethink what this can possibly be about once I'm OUT of Malibu.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Love,
Pops








No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!