Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"Winged Heart" and Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Hey, I didn't intend to put this in today, but here's an offering from the "Out of Bounds Gallery," collected on a recent trip up to Reseda.

Artist @Korsen, Winged Heart, paint on alley wall (2016).

















We have a flying heart. This looks like it should be someone's tattoo, no? Pardon the fragmentation. This was a walking Pano shot on my cell phone. This is in an alley so you cannot get far enough away from it to get the whole thing in a single frame. Separated from the arteries and veins, it's hard to know what is keeping this guy going. I'm going to guess this is memorial for "Sfb," whoever you are --your tribute is here.

You can see this in the parking lot of Continental Art Supplies on Reseda Blvd. Go and buy something from them and keep them in business would ya?

Back to Malibu:
It's a blue-on-blue day here at the coast today.


























Going to be 90 in L.A. today according to the weather report, so a good day to hit the beach if you're so inclined and not otherwise employed today ...

Hey, I was at the electronics store the other day (the big blue and yellow one) and I saw this in the parking lot and just had to take a picture.



You would feel like you're in a Disneyland ride anytime you got in this thing. Needs a garage though...

I've been a fan of weird versions of VWs since I was a kid. It's because I have the same initials as those cars. Strangely, I have never bought a VW to drive. I almost got a New Beetle a few years back, but a boring Nissan Maxima just had to be acquired at a price not to be argued with. Now I'm in a Toyota pickup truck (and a Miata). Maybe one of these days I'll trade the Miata for a vee dub. I guess you can buy a diesel pretty cheap right now ...

Gotta go kids, have a great Tuesday.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!