Friday, July 29, 2016

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, July 29, 2016

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

We've come to the end of another work week; I hope you fared well, and I hope you have fulfilling and useful things to do in the weekend upcoming. Out here in Malibu, here's how it's starting off...



























Clear blue sky with a bit of haze. Continued very warm, but hey, it's summer and that's what it's about. Enjoy it. Me? I just had a thesis job come in, so I'll be learning all about audio recording techniques at the master's degree level. Sounds fascinating no? No back-breaking labor hauling stuff out of a deceased parent's basement this weekend.

My daughter who lives at home with me has had a young man she's been seeing by the house several times in the last couple of weeks. In fact there was a stretch of days where the guy (along with a friend who an ex-boyfriend of this same daughter -- I know, it's complicated ....) where they've all been playing video games in the living room many days in a row.

I mentioned this to her brother who is just a few years older and thought it strange. This seemed more like high-school dating practice more than what 20-somethings should be doing. He told me to get real and get my old-fashioned ideas of courtship out my head as far as young people were concerned. He said people in his age group have terrible paying jobs if they have jobs at all or massive amounts of crushing educational loan debt so hanging out is what they do since they can't afford to do anything else. SO ... I have been schooled.

It's a tough world. And I'm sure they'll be resilient because of it.

It's time to go, so have yourself a great weekend and we'll see you next week.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!