Thursday, July 7, 2016

iT'S STreeTarT THurSDay iN eaST HoLLyWooD! with Malibu morning picture of the day - Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dear Street Art Lovers and my good friends,

Today's offering showed up only a few months ago on my street. Color is the name of the game here ...

Artist Spencer McCarty, Edgemont Chieftainess, paint on brick wall (2016).





































There are some who would reactively say "cultural appropriation," but I dunno, I think this is pretty cool and it sure dresses up a crappy looking street corner. Besides, Native American aren't the only people to have used feathers in headdresses, and who's to say this isn't a chief-prodigy girl who happens to like makeup?

There's not a lot to unpack here. Just sit back and enjoy as you sit at the long red light, heading south on Edgemont at Fountain Avenue. (This is the Scientologists' business district BTW...)

I was telling my son I think she's African American, but I don't know exactly why. I guess she reminds me of Vivian, a beautiful violinist I used to be in love with, but that's another story ...

The artist is Spencer McCarty, prominently indicated in the upper left. The artist has a website spencermccartyart.com which you should check out if you like this work. If you couldn't tell from this piece, he likes girls ... a lot. But it seems mostly the faces.


AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SEASCAPE

Another cloudy morning...


























But there is a break to the southeast ...

Just got a call into a meeting, so we'll leave this at that.

Have a great Thursday.

Love,
Pops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!