Thursday, March 31, 2016

iT'S STreeT arT THurSDay iN eaST HoLLyWooD! with Malibu morning pic - Thursday, March 31, 2016

Dear Street Art Lovers and people who may actually care about East Hollywood,

East Hollywood has this tiny theatre in the Hel-Mel area. In the past it has been the Deaf West Theatre but more recently it was the Sacred Fools Theatre, presenting various works probably for friends and relatives of the actors but I suppose the neighbors did get there too. I went to go see a couple of things. Sacred Fools moved out over more toward Weho, so we'll see if anyone else gives it a go, but right now it's empty.

Artist SBSTN DAME, Study in Textures, paint on brick.
BUT ... on the side of the theatre behind Melrose in the alley is this mural which I share today. It always has cars in front of it but I happened on it one morning when it was clear and the sun was diffused by clouds, so I snapped a few:

OK, so I'm leading with this image as clickbait. I'll let you all know if it worked when I write to you on Friday.

I figure this young lady who is so happy that she is doing handstands is graphic kin to Kim Kardashian, how can anyone not resist wanting to tune in to see her?

At least, that's the thought. The artist of this mural is definitely a man inspired by the unclothed female form as you will see young ladies of a certain type and build throughout this celebration of feminine fecundity.

There is just a whole lot of this work, so I'm going to post several details and then the whole thing from a distance. I gotta go do other things today, so I'm not going to pretend to comment.








And here's the whole she-bang...


Enjoy this one. I have a strong suspicion this work will not survive another 12 months. There is more art work all over this building, but it's pretty lousy. If you are at Heliotrope and Melrose, definitely park, get out and walk into the alley and check this out. The homeless guys won't bother you.

I named this "Study in Textures" and you see why now that I've pulled back. The people and animals are just a framing device for this collage of patterns very skillfully done.


AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SEASCAPE


Another clear blue sky kind of day. Some clouds sitting on the water in the horizon, but that's it. Have a great Thursday!

Love,
Pops






No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!