Thursday, March 3, 2016

iT'S STreeT arT THurSDay iN eaST HoLLyWooD! w/Malibu morning pic of the day - Thursday, March 3, 2016

Dear Street Art Lovers and Gentle Readers,

You gotta just love pulling into parking lots in LA where the building owner gave over the side of a building to art, at least I do. Those guys are petite di Medicis in my book. These fellows are from such a parking lot.

Artist, Andre, Stick Figure Vaudevillians, paint on brick and concrete.































This is in a parking lot for a small medical clinic (not weed that I know of...), but the painted wall is not the clinic, but the neighbor on the other side. This mural is located on the north side of Hollywood Blvd. just east of Vermont, a half a block away from Wacko on the corner.

I've called these guys on the walls vaudevillians because they sport chapeaus of that sort, and to me they very much have a stage presence--they are striking poses. The fact that they are lit figures against a dark backdrop makes them that much more theatrical.




I was thinking these minimalistic fellows are the perfect foil to last week's uber colored birdmen of La Brea.

Here we have a reiteration of the top hat character who is exuding hearts of love! His gaze is cast to the right, and so we have the object of his affection.













Long, flowing tresses, lipstick, heels, augmented eyelashes. She's dressed to the nines. Her figure is a bit un-curvy for my taste, but there's room on the bus for all.

We have the maker's mark here as well, Andre of L.A. with the reverse copyright.

I hope you weren't hoping for something elaborate today. If so, too bad. I like the simple elegance of this mural.









Here's the whole gang in a pano shot from my phone. Along with a context shot. (Hey, get your eyes off the American Apparel chick... and focus on art eh?)











I gave you a preview shot of another resident in this parking lot a few weeks ago. Do you remember this guy?

Artist, "Freshi, Blue Hoodie Guy Contemplates Mortality, paint on wall.
Yeah, I thought you did. He's roommates with the vaudevillians. They must think he's a pretty dour guy, but every apartment complex has got one. Do you think this is the gravedigger's scene in Hamlet? That was my first thought.


AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SEASCAPE...

Cloudy and hazy again today--we are definitely in a pattern, but rain is expected on Sunday.

I've mentioned before that if all you like to do is just look at the pictures and you care not what the hell I write, you should just follow my Tumblr where all I do is just stick the same pictures as here on this blog with no commentary. The Tumblr is 3loves7.

While we're on the subject of Tumblr, one kind of video I get "fed" (because I follow people who comment on empowerment of POCs) a lot, are videos that young women make of themselves as they do their makeup routines. Why makeup how-to's go along with POC empowerment blogs, I have NO idea. But what I do find amazing in these makeup tutorials is how different the woman who starts looks from the woman who ends. It makes me truly wonder how many women whom I think I know whom I would not recognize if I knocked on their door at 9 AM  on Saturday morning. Made-up women are works of art.

Well, I gotta get going. This is already up late.  Have a great Thursday.

Love,
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!