Tuesday, December 22, 2015

"Xmas Rose South Hollywood Style" and Malibu AM pic of the day - Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Artist Random Act 2010, Hollywood Daisy, paint on commercial building.
From our "Out of Bounds Gallery" just a simple picture I on a wall recently. Because Hollywood is the kind of place where big-ass daisies pop out of the grungy sidewalk onto industrial walls. My neighborhood's version of a Christmas Rose to you.

This work is pretty subtle. I don't think you even notice it unless you are walking right by it, and it's in a part of Hollywood that doesn't get much foot traffic except for locals going to the corner liquor store.

The petals are almost lost against the white background, but the artist has chosen a cool palette to make them pop out as much as possible.

We are about to go on our one week winter break here at my employer with maybe one more day for which I will post the Malibu pic, but there are no guarantees that I won't call in sick tomorrow. So here's wishing you a fine Christmas and New Year's. There may be a blog posting in that time, but I'm not counting on it. So tune out but come back after January 1 for your coastal check-in and another year of great L.A. street art.

Love,
Pops





































It's rainy, cloudy, and cold in L.A. for a change. Dig it!

VW
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!