Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Here's my visible Wednesday. How's the view out yr employer's door?




























Oh, and here's a second view. Catalina Island was especially visible today.

I heard a famous fashion blogger on the radio in interview the other day and she said none of her family or friends read her blog, so was saying strangers know more about her interior life than people who are "closest" to her. This is the paradox of being related to a writer. Rarely do you ever bother reading their stuff. They'll tell you the treatment and you think, "OK I guess I'm good to go."

I also wonder if there's a fear on the part of acquaintances that a hyper-realized version of themselves may be in the writer's work. Yeah, it's a danger. Whether they tell you or not, your writer friends are mining your life and words for material, and they'll never tell you or ask permission. You hope they never become famous because you don't want to become a Wikipedia page because a famous literary sleazeball character was based on you.

I emerged from two days of tax continuing education of the last two days. Sixteen solid hours of studying the finer points of the U.S. tax code. I hope I'm smarter.

The desk is all backed up, so I need to get to work. See you tomorrow!

Love,
Pops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!