Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"Garment District Esoterica" and Malibu morning pic of the day - Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

This Tuesday, let us venture into our "Out of Bounds Gallery" once again to look at a little bit of street art that I find outside of East Hollywood in my various travels.

Artist unattributed, Sacred Geometry Flower of the Universe, paint on doorway.




























Artist unattributed, Starburst Sunrise over Flaming-Heart Mountain
paint on doorway.
I suppose there's something profound to be said that this nameless, surreal work appears in a doorway in the L.A. Garment District, apparently leading to nowhere. Unfortunately I have nothing profound in me to throw out at you. It's been my experience that artists that I've had the occasion to speak to who create works like this, ALWAYS have some deep thought to share.

The infinity sign on the right looks like raccoon eyes to me. So how about we consider racoons (or tanukis) henceforth to be the animals who look through infinity? Pretty damn deep eh?

Oh, and here's a companion piece of a rainbow sunrise, over a either a pyramid or a mountain that is flaming at its core.

In any case, I think both are pretty fun to see. The disparate borders really make the pieces, don't they?

And here's what Tuesday looks like at the coast.

































Not as much color is it?

Oh well, love to chat, but gotta pay the rent.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!