Monday, November 23, 2015

C3PO as Tin Man & Malibu AM Pic of the Day - Monday, November 23, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Happy Blue Monday to you all!





















If you look carefully, you will see two oil tankers (or maybe they're container vessels) sitting on the horizon this morning. I was outside some yesterday and it was mid-80s, so it felt very summery. That's an LA November for ya. It's not always like that.

Here's a fellow I found on the side of a building in NoHo (North Hollywood); this artist was riffing what would it look like if C3PO had gotten the call-back and part for Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz. I wonder if the ending scene where the Tin Man gets his heart would have been more emotional ... who knows?

I won't disclose more about this artwork right now. I promise I'll run the whole wall when I do the "Tuesday Out of Bounds Gallery" offering one of these coming weeks.

NoHo is a lot like East Holly in it's 2nd-class ghetto vibe, but it's been a recognized district for many decades with it's own personality for aeons longer. More to come on that.

It's a short week people--just warning you that there will only be three daily postings ahead of time.


Ah, gotta pay the rent kiddies, so's I gots to run.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!