Monday, July 13, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Monday, July 13, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

It's a blue on blue day out here at the coast.

























Promises to be a good day to maybe work on what I heard about this last weekend  ... sunburn art.

Sunburn tattoos--read about them in the London Evening Standard

This is the proactive stenciling of a design in sunblock to create patterns in tan or burn on one's skin. Let's assume the intent is the achieve the more benign tan than a melanoma-inducing burn.  I admit I've thought about doing it myself since I tan very easily (a propensity I inherited from my very darkly complected mother). It would only take me about 20 minutes at 1 PM in summer to turn my darkness knob a notch.

 But intentionally tanning oneself always seemed like a bad idea. You know ... UV rays = bad for people? So, absorb as few as possible and live a longer, healthier life and all that? Even if I don't want long life, it's the potential pain that stops me (I know, I'm a wuss.).

Oh well, what we silly humans won't do in pursuit of adornment ... corsets, codpieces, foot-binding, high heels. There's a billion and a half of us, so it won't hurt to thin the herd some in the name of art.

Have a wonderful Monday, and a great week!

Love,
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!