Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Hope you all enjoyed restful, observant, and reverent Memorial Day yesterday! It's Tuesday, the start of this short workweek and here's the view on the coast.























A May Gray Day. Subtlety, yet again. Cool here. Diffuse. If you want to stand out today, Nature will not compete with this morning. Go to it!

I feel like a little local color myself today, so let me give you one side of a utility box at Normandie and Santa Monica. It appears to be a skater's tribute to his ride.

Artist, unattributed,
LA Mr. Skate, paint on sheet metal.
This painter knows how to render wood. Composition wheels? Maybe not so much, but we get the point.

The Dodgers' logo's conception of LA permeates the consciousness of street artists. I doubt that it's all due to love of baseball. Baseball is seldom a theme of street art. In fact, I've NEVER seen a baseball street-art mural.

Dodgers marketing team, consider this a triumph of your ability to define the Angeleno self-concept on the streets!

Have a great week.

Love,
Pops

PS: It's unclear to me who might be the signatory and who might be the overpaint-haters, so  I will leave this one unattributed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!