Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Cinco de Mayo, Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

A very happy Tuesday to you. Here is a very May Gray Day morning for you.


























Overcast right now, but it will turn into sun later on. Since it's such a monochromatic day, let me share with a splash of color I enjoyed in my time away from you all the last two weeks.


I believe I reported earlier that I was on jury duty in Downtown L.A. Is there street art Downtown you might ask? You bet yer sweet patootie there is. It's outside of my area of specialization, but I did capture a few specimens on my lunch-hour wanderings away from the courthouse as far as arthritic legs can take an old man.

There was a work in progress on one utility box at 2nd and Hill. Looks to eventually be a quartet of young women of "color" whose hands interlock around each side of the box. The artist, already signed Maritza Torres, has gotten two done. The third side was laid out and primed, but nothing to share on that yet.

























Here is side "two" (following hands to the right.

No docile maidens these! Strident, concentrated, intent, and slightly pissed off, these faces confront the viewer.

Woman #2 has an affiliation with the United Farm Workers union whose emblem flies on the flag behind her.

Unfortunately, no further work was done on side #3 the two weeks I was reporting downtown, so I figure Ms. Torres is lacking time or paint. I will definitely check back to look for further developments and let you know when I find more.

Hope you're having a productive Tuesday.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!