Friday, April 17, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Friday, April 17, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

It's blue on blue here at the coast this morning.































We're definitely in a clear-weather pattern now until May-Gray/June-Gloom steps in.

Note how my employer has let some of the hills go brown due to the drought. The green lawns are kept green by recycling their water. See that pond? That's the repository of campus wastewater sent up the canyon to the processor, cleaned up, and sent back to water the campus plant life. I think they're pretty cool on that front.

No second look today as it is exactly the same as what you see above.

Don't know what your weekend holds, but last weekend I was down by L.A. Live/Staples Center and saw this large commissioned mural from the subway stop by the French muralist Dourone. It's pretty cool, and it gives me something to share at the end of this busy tax week.

Artist: Dourone, What's Going On in Your Head? (my title), paint on concrete.













There's a little more to the left:















If you're a fan of the Kings (hockey), or the Clippers or Lakers (basketball) [I always forget which teams are for which sport ... not much a sportsman I ... I think the L.A. teams are contenders now and then ], you probably have parked in the parking lot where you see this mural.

There are also a flock of green swans taking flight just to the left, but I'll share those some other time.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Pops




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!