Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Midweek gives us some fog over the land ...














... but face to the south in our 2nd look and you see that it's clearing up. The camera phone is wide angle and I turned it in portrait orientation, so it's the sweep of view that you get if you look forward and then tilt your head up 45 degrees.

God was definitely using the gradient control in this context at that moment.

















View of a traffic jam

I really don't expect any of you to look at this next series. It's mostly a documentation for myself so that in later times when I am not here anymore, I can remember what it was like getting to work.

It took two hours plus to get from East Holly to the Bu today. The last 80 minutes or so was spent sitting in Malibu Canyon (about 12 miles?) inching our way past a traffic mishap. That'll teach me to start listening to AM Radio traffic reports because I'm sure I could have turned around and gone through another canyon in half the time.

There was nothing to do  so I snapped pictures as we went. So herewith I am forcing you along on that traffic jam. We move from moderate fog to sun in the process:

Boredom sets in; bare trees in barren fields mirror
your feeling of isolation; prompts a picture














Mulholland Highway intersection












The former Soka University campus near Mulholland












Near Malibu Creek State Park area














Descending from the tunnel; bracing for the
blinding light of the morning sun when you
turn this corner
















Starting downward to the coast; all of the
sedimentary layers and the action of the
Pacific Plate being shoved under the N. American
continent is apparent here.




























The descent continues; thank God for
retaining walls ... I hate when flaming death happens
























And there's the accident site upper right. The white apparatus
is a cherry-picker holding live power wires up off of us
commuters to avoid being fried.









































There is a tunnel that I was SO wishing that it would have taken 10 minutes to crawl through so that I could study it, but alas, it was one of the few places that we zipped through at regular speed.

Now (sigh) ... to work.

Love,
Pops










No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!