Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Malibu morning picture of the day - Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

Got in the 'Bu late today. Had to drop my trusty Maxima off at the car doctor. But here's the picture for today:




















That's it? Yup. Low, thin cloud layer, fog-like. Sun is kinda high so it diffuses and creates sort of a white hazy curtain about you.

Just think how upset you'd be if you were these guys. That there is a film crew--my employer frequently rents out the front lawn for movie, TV, and commerical shoots. I imagine them paying for blue ocean and getting a white wall to photograph against.

Oh well, that's show biz. Santa Ana winds are supposed to kick up this afternoon so if they may get their blue sky yet.




Since it's so monochromatic, let me leave you with a little color from the tree in front of my house. Stupid tree is putting on blossoms. I think the rain of recent weeks has fooled it into thinking the drought is over.

This helicopter happened by and from this angle it looks rather like the hummingbird that likes to perch on this very tree.





"Kandy Kane Lane"
I don't seem to recall any evergreen tree being red from which you
could construct a red wreath ...
Can't talk long, got in late and all that. But here's another in my collection of "The Xmas That Will Not Die" Series. Caught on my walk back from the mechanic shop. I call this one "Kandy Kane Lane." You can just feel the quality of the plastic in your hands.

I like how they have the white safety cap on the end of the crook--gives it that right mix of proper aesthetics and fear of tortious lawsuit. And I'll bet they were cheap so you can easily afford  to line the whole walkway and make it look more extravagant than it actually is!

What a country!

That's all for now!

Love,
Pops








There WAS blue hiding over on the left ...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!