Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Malibu morning picture of the day - Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dear Family, Friends, and Gentle Readers,

As expected, wet and grey again out the Bu.






















Drops were falling on my face as I snapped this at about 9.

I really like the way diffuse light breaks through the clouds at think points and makes the sea shine and almost glow here. It's worth two looks for the variation. Now that I think about it today is not grey. It's silver.

Took me an additional hour to get into work today by car! I hope you did not suffer such a long delay thanks to a slower pace due to rain and a crawl pretty much on the Ventura from Coldwater to Topanga where I eventually bailed and went into the canyons.

For those of you are not from L.A., that is L.A. driverspeak. If you are not from here you may be perplexed that when you ask us how far Universal Studios is from here, or Redondo Beach, or someplace, we will answer not in distance, but something like "about an hour and 15 after 10." Time is the primary measure of life here in the Southland. There are Saturday afternoons where for me to go a mere mile from my house to Vine Street may take a half hour in a car. They don't show you that aspect of SoCal life when they air the Rose Parade.

Anyway, can't talk long since I'm late. Hope you're having a wonderful week so far.

Love,
Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be truthful and frank, but be polite. If you use excessive profanity, I'll assume you have some kind of character flaw like Dr. Wong. Tks!